and the patent -
High scores are also assigned based on the amount of time a user spends on a page. But how can Google know how long you're browsing a page and whether or not you accessed it from your bookmarks? Now you know what things like My Search History and the Google Toolbar are really for (cue ominous-sounding music).
And what happens if people used to spend 30 seconds on average looking at a page, but now only spend an average of 5 seconds looking at that same page? You got it. Page score goes down.
end quote -
So how can you make them spend longer on the page -
1) Provide useful - updated information.
2) Explain things that may be obvious to you - ie how to use that uber fishing fly to catch more fish.
3) Offer tips on the use of the product.
4) Offer uses for the product that they might not have thought of.
5) Provide customer testimonials.
Tomorrows issue today -
Check out these funnies -
One other note my grandpa is very ill - they live in Oregon and one of his requests was for me to be part of his funeral. He has lived a rich full life, but they don't expect him to live for the next week or two.
This means that their could be some delay in blog postings. We plan on taking our laptop, but we will only be checking emails a couple of times a day. Please do keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Have a good weekend.